St. Martin's Episcopal Church & Cemetery
Former St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Marcus Hook, December 17, 2001 © John A. Bullock III.
Originally Located in Marcus Hook, PA
ST. MARTIN'S CHURCH
Presently Located at
700 Meetinghouse Road
Boothwyn, PA 19061-3503
Voice: 610-485-1866 FAX 610-485-1866 (call first)
St. Martin's Cemetery, Soldier & Sailor Walk Memorial
Pictures of St. Martin's Cemetery
The original St. Martin's church, founded in 1702, was built by Walter Martin, a Quaker who purchased the land in 1699. The present church, the third on this site, was built in 1845.
Until about 1850, the same minister served both St. Martin's and St. Paul's (Chester, PA) Episcopal congregations.
St. Martin's church and cemetery were designated a Local Historic Landmark in 1979 by the Marcus Hook Borough Council.
St. Martin's relocated to Meetinghouse Road, Boothwyn, PA in 1967. The building in Marcus Hook was first purchased by River of Life Church which later relocated to the former Resurrection Roman Catholic Church building at 9th & Highland Avenue in Chester, PA.
As reported in the Delaware County Daily Times on Saturday April 22, 2006, St. Martin's will hold its last service on the Day of Pentecost, Sunday June 4, 2006.
The original St. Martin's is now occupied by Bible Presbyterian Church. Their original building at 14th or 15th & Potter St., Chester, PA was purchased by Widener University and is now known as "Lathem Hall" in honor of Rev. Abraham Lance Lathem, a prominent 20th century minister of the church.
© 2000, 2001, 2006 John A. Bullock III.
This page last updated 02/24/07